Nov. 15, 2015: At 12:45 on a Sunday morning, Minneapolis police officers shoot and kill Jamar Clark on the 1600 block of Plymouth Avenue N. Angry protesters rally that afternoon at the shooting site, and then go to the nearby Fourth Precinct police station.

Nov. 16: Clark, 24, dies of a single gunshot wound to the head. Minneapolis turns the investigation over to the state Bureau of Criminal Apprehension and calls for a federal inquiry. Protesters form an encampment outside the Fourth Precinct headquarters.

Nov. 17: Protesters march from the Fourth Precinct to the I-94 freeway, blocking traffic and resulting in more than 50 arrests.

Nov. 25: A funeral for Clark is held at Shiloh Temple International Ministries in Minneapolis. More than 300 people attend.

Dec. 3: Police dismantle protest encampment outside Fourth Precinct.

Jan. 6, 2016: Minneapolis police officers involved in the shooting, Mark Ringgenberg and Dustin Schwarze, return from paid leave to desk duty.

Feb. 9: The ACLU and the NAACP sue the BCA for release of video footage connected to Clark's death.

Feb. 10: The BCA finishes its investigation into the shooting and turns its findings over to the Hennepin County attorney's office for review.

March 25: Ahead of a decision on whether the two Minneapolis police officers would be indicted, Police Chief JaneƩ Harteau issues a stern public warning that protesters who interfere with public safety will be arrested.

March 30: After taking the unusual move of not using a grand jury to investigate the shooting, Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman says evidence does not support bringing criminal charges against officers Schwarze and Ringgenberg.

Oct. 21: Harteau announces that the two officers will not face discipline because an internal investigation found they did not violate the department's use-of-force policy.

Nov. 15: One-year anniversary of Clark's death. His family has said they plan to file a wrongful-death lawsuit against the city, contending that Clark's shooting could have been averted.