Not having the ladies over for high tea? Then take off your white gloves, dust off your silver service and put it to work in a way Grandma wouldn't dare. Some suggestions:
• Use tea and coffee urns as everyday vases.
• Place a silver tray in the spot where mail collects, whether it's the foyer, the back hall or the dining-room table. (It won't cut the clutter, but it will make your clutter look classier.)
• Arrange mismatched pieces as a focal point on a mantel or dining-room table.
• Hang a silver tray on the wall and group a collection of favorite plates around it.
• Display your silver sugar bowl and creamer near an entryway and use them to hold spare change, keys, etc.
• Use an unpolished silver tray on your dresser to hold combs, perfume, jewelry.