WOMEN AND MONEY
• On average, women outlive men by three to four years.
• Three in 10 women and two in 10 men age 65 can expect to live to age 90.
• Three-quarters of women say the recession has made them feel like they need to save more money, compared with two-thirds of men.
• Median earnings for full-time working women: $36,000. Median earnings for full-time working men: $48,000.
• Average 401(k) balance for women: $51,440. Average 401(k) balance for men: $88,100.Sources: Society of Actuaries, Brookings Institution, Aon Hewitt