1. Eden Prairie: Scoring won’t be easy against a star-laden defense.
2. Maple Grove: QB Brad Davison was good as a sophomore. Expect him to take the next step this year.
3. Osseo: Coach Derrin Lamker has good reason to be excited about this athletic bunch.
4. Totino-Grace: Plenty of starters back, but questions remain at the skill positions on offense.
5. Prior Lake: The Lakers will have another elite defense, led by human blockade Jamahl Johnson at nose tackle.
6. Mounds View: Just a well-coached team of good athletes who rarely beat themselves.
7. Edina: With 16 starters back, the Hornets have a chance to repay 2014’s lumps.
8. Lakeville South: The veteran Cougars have the ability to overtake rebuilding rival Lakeville North.
9. East Ridge: A tumultuous offseason is over. Now, it’s back to football.
10. Burnsville: A talented core could bring back memories of the glory years.
Worthy of consideration Rosemount, Wayzata, Blaine, Centennial, Cretin-Derham Hall.
Best of other Classes (among Metro teams only)
Class 5A: Spring Lake Park, Cooper, St. Michael-Albertville
Class 4A: Orono, Becker, South St. Paul
Classes 3A, 2A, 1A: Glencoe-Silver Lake (3A), Minneapolis North (1A), Providence Academy (3A).