• There is no doubt that several of the Vikings players are in contact with Adrian Peterson, trying to convince him the best decision he can make is to come back and play. Everybody in the locker room wants Peterson back, and the fans will forgive his transgressions in a hurry.
• There is no question in my mind that Kevin Garnett will play one more season with the Timberwolves and following next season he will become a part-owner and an executive with the organization. Close friends tell me he will live in the Twin Cities area during the season and make this his No. 1 home.
• Chad Greenway truly is a class act, and one that showed how much he wanted to stay with the Vikings by agreeing to a substantial pay cut Saturday, the second year in a row the linebacker has taken a pay cut.
• There is concern on the University of Minnesota campus about how men’s basketball season ticket sales will go next year. Not only will it be necessary to get a stronger nonconference schedule, but with a significant rise in seat licensing prices, I’ve already heard from five people who say they will not renew.
• Rashad Vaughn, the former Cooper standout, denied a report that he will enter the NBA draft after one season at UNLV, saying Friday night on Twitter he hadn’t decided yet. NBADraft.net has the 6-6 Vaughn, who averaged 17.8 points and 4.8 rebounds before suffering a season-ending left knee injury last month, projected as a second-round pick.
• J.P. Macura, the former Lakeville North star, played important minutes for Xavier in the NCAA tournament. The Musketeers’ run ended with a 68-60 loss to Arizona on Thursday. Macura scored eight points over three games and added two assists. Certainly the freshman will get more playing time next season.