An annual survey by Real Trends, a Denver-based real estate research company that ranks the top agents and teams across the country, found several Minnesota real estate agents and their teams near the top nationally for 2017 performance.
The survey is completely voluntary, but is vetted to make sure that agents don’t overreport sales. Below are the No. 1 agents and teams for each of the four categories, and the top three agents and teams in Minnesota. The state didn’t have any agents in the top 250 for dollar volume.
Ben Caballero, a Texan who took the stop spot in two categories, has been the No. 1 Realtor for number of transactions and cumulative transaction volume since 2013. He is the founder and CEO of HomesUSA.com and runs his business using a proprietary tech platform he created that enables him to close a deal an hour at some times of the year. The vast majority of his transactions are new home sales made through dozens of builder brands in Texas. His 2017 sales volume ($1.9 billion), outpaced his previous record set the year before by nearly $500 million.
Individuals by transaction
1. Ben Cabellero, HomesUSA.com, Addison, Texas, 4,799
93. Artemisa Boston, Realty Executives Results, West St. Paul, 174
208. Mark Abdel Re/Max Advantage Plus, Savage, 136
235. Jeremy Peterson, Re/Max Results, St. Paul, 131
Individuals by dollar volume
1. Ben Cabellero, HomesUSA.com, Addison, Texas, $1.91 billion
Teams by transaction
1. Mark Spain Real Estate, Mark Spain Real Estate, Alpharetta, Ga., 2,318
4. The Minnesota Real Estate Team Re/Max Advantage Plus, Bloomington 1,729
32. Kris Lindahl Team, Kris Lindahl Real Estate, Blaine, 750
33. Chad Schwendeman Real Estate Group, Exit Lakes Realty Premier, Baxter, 736
Teams by dollar volume
1. Lucido Agency, Keller Williams Realty, Ellicott City, Md., $842.7 million
13. The Minnesota Real Estate Team, RE/MAX Advantage Plus, Bloomington, $439.5 million
90. Kris Lindahl Team, Kris Lindahl Real Estate, Blaine, $192.4 million
138. Helgeson/Platzke Real Estate Group, Coldwell Banker Burnet Eden Prairie, $161.7 million
You can find the complete list at realtrends.com.