Advertisement

Medical examiner: Man who died from March head injury in Minneapolis is homicide victim

Police said they have yet to make any arrests.

The Minnesota Star Tribune
October 6, 2025 at 3:53PM
Homicide victim Deshaun Boyd was remembered by family with this posting. (With permission from GoFundMe)
Advertisement

Police said Monday that they are looking for whoever inflicted a fatal head injury on a 37-year-old man in a south Minneapolis apartment more than six months ago.

Deshaun Jermaine Boyd of Faribault, Minn., died on March 20 after he suffered “blunt head trauma ... during an altercation” with one or more people in an apartment in the 3300 block of Nicollet Avenue, according to the Hennepin County Medical Examiner’s Office.

Medical Examiner’s Office spokeswoman Carolyn Marinan declined Monday to say when the determination was made that Boyd was a homicide victim.

Officer Trevor Folke, a Minneapolis police spokesperson, said no arrests have been made in connection with Boyd’s death.

There have been 53 homicides in Minneapolis this year, according to a Minnesota Star Tribune database. That compares with 63 at this time last year.

about the writer

about the writer

Paul Walsh

Reporter

Paul Walsh is a general assignment reporter at the Minnesota Star Tribune. He wants your news tips, especially in and near Minnesota.

See Moreicon

More from Minneapolis

See More
card image
David Joles/The Minnesota Star Tribune

St. Paul Mayor Kaohly Her cited the need to stay ahead of ice ruts, while Minneapolis hopes for warmer temps.

card image
Sleep Number headquarters in downtown Minneapolis. (DAVID JOLES)
Advertisement