This isn't your typical hobby farm.
The well-appointed Independence home, designed by local architect Bruce Schmitt, has a gated entrance, cherry wood floors, an elevator, a 900-bottle wine cellar and more than 8,000 square feet of space.
Designed as an equestrian estate, the grounds also include a custom barn equipped with seven stalls and a marble-floored tack room. Horse lovers can ride and train all year long in a heated riding arena, and walking and riding trails run throughout the 27-acre grounds.
• The two-story Dutch Colonial house, built in 1995, has five bedrooms and eight bathrooms.
• The formal living room has enameled woodwork and a wood-burning fireplace.
• A recently remodeled gourmet kitchen includes a center island, granite countertops and cherry cabinets.
• A sunroom offers views of the surrounding woods.
• A well-equipped mudroom with lockers, a planning desk and an elevator that goes to all three levels.
• The master suite includes a dressing room and bathroom with a whirlpool tub.
• There are three laundry rooms, one on the main floor, one upstairs and one in the barn.
• A lower level has entertainment and exercise rooms.
• A new four-car garage has a second-floor guest quarters with two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a study station and laundry room.
• Location: The Twin City Polo Club fields are just down the street.
For more information, call Gregg Larsen, Coldwell Banker Burnet, 612-719-4477 and www.plahomes.com. To have a unique property considered for a Homegazing feature, please send digital photos and a description to firstname.lastname@example.org.