MEN'S HIGHLIGHTSWittman, Big Red stay on top
• CORNELL 79, HARVARD 70: Ryan Wittman scored 27 points and the Big Red (22-4, 8-1 Ivy League) stayed on top of its conference by beating the Crimson (17-6, 6-3) on Friday. Wittman, the former Eden Prairie High School standout, continued his march up the list of Ivy League scorers when his three-pointer with 7:54 left in the second half gave him 24 points, pushing him past Joe Carrabino of Harvard into sixth place on the career list. Wittman has 1,885 points.
• NORTHERN IOWA 71, OLD DOMINION 62: The host Panthers (24-3) beat the Monarchs (21-8), breaking the school record for victories in a season.
AREA • MIAC
• AUGSBURG 72, ST. MARY'S 72: David Olson scored 17 points as the host Auggies (19-7, 14-7 MIAC) overcame 30 points by Will Wright in beating the Cardinals (9-17, 7-14).
• NO. 8 DUKE 64, NO. 19 GEORGIA TECH 50: Jasmine Thomas scored 20 points and the Blue Devils (22-4, 10-1 ACC) broke the game open in the second half in beating the host Yellow Jackets (20-7, 6-5) for the 30th consecutive time.
AREA • MIAC
• AUGSBURG 69, ST. MARY'S 67: Serenae Levine's basket with three seconds left lifted the host Auggies (4-21, 4-18 MIAC) over the Cardinals (5-20, 4-18).
STAFF AND WIRE REPORTS