Avocado Toast With Egg, Cucumber and Radish
Note: From Ellie Krieger.
• 1 medium ripe Hass avocado
• 2 tsp. fresh lime juice
• 1/4 tsp. salt, or more as needed
• 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, or more as needed
• 4 slices whole-grain bread, toasted
• 1/4 English (seedless) cucumber, unpeeled, sliced into thin half-moons
• 2 radishes, sliced into thin rounds or half-moons
• 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
• Chili-garlic sauce, such as Sriracha (may substitute an extra sprinkling of salt and pepper)
Mash the avocado with the lime juice, the 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl until it is fairly smooth, with some remaining chunks.
Divide the mixture among the slices of toasted bread, spreading it to cover. Layer the cucumber and radish slices on top, then scatter the egg over the vegetables. Sprinkle with more salt and pepper, if desired. Drizzle with the chili-garlic sauce. Serve right away.
Nutrition information per serving:
Calories 240 Fat 14 g Sodium 330 mg
Carbohydrates 21 g Saturated fat 3 g
Protein 11 g Cholesterol 185 mg Dietary fiber 8 g