Augustana senior linebacker Kirby Hora was named the Academic All-America Player of the Year in Division II football and five other NSIC players were named to the Academic All-America first team along with Hora.
Hora, a native of Sioux Falls, S.D., is a biology major with a 4.0 GPA.
The other first team selections were teammates Joey Newman, a defensive lineman, and Avram Tynes, a defensive back; wide receiver Shane Zylstra and linebacker Alex Goettl, both of Minnesota State Mankato; and defensive lineman Jon Dicke of Southwest Minnesota State.
• Donald Brooks was named the athletic director at Macalester College. He was the director of athletics and recreation at Millsaps College in Jackson, Miss., the past 2½ years.
• Mark McKenzie announced he will retire as Concordia (St. Paul)'s athletic director, effective next August 1. He will continue to be the Golden Bears baseball coach.
• Minnesota State Mankato's Ian Scheid, a junior defenseman from Coon Rapids, was named the WCHA's defensive player of the week. He had three assists and two blocked shots as the Mavericks swept Alaska Anchorage 4-1, 6-0.
• Junior goalie Sydney Scobee of the Gophers was named the WCHA's goaltender of the week. She had 30 saves for Minnesota in a 5-0 win over Robert Morris on Saturday.
• St. Scholastica named Mike Heffernan its football coach, replacing George Penree, who served as interim coach in 2018. Heffernan was St. Scholastica's offensive coordinator in 2018.