Diane and Gary Stoneking wanted to emulate a Frank Lloyd Wright creation when they built their contemporary lakeside home in 2002 near Amery, Wis.
"We always loved Frank Lloyd Wright designs in which you are a part of nature," said Diane Stoneking. "We wanted the house to blend into the surroundings."
The wooded setting includes 190 feet of shoreline on Lake Wapogasset. The three stone fireplaces, two inside and one on an outdoor deck, are constructed of rocks from a local quarry. The home's more than 100 windows give every room a view of the lake, she said.
The couple is selling because they're close to retiring and are looking for something smaller.
"But we love this lake and hope to stay close by," Diane said.
• The 4,287-square-foot home includes four bedrooms and three bathrooms.
• It has oak hardwood floors and in-floor heat.
• The foyer features split-face limestone walls that continue down to the lower level.
• The master suite's sliding glass doors open to a deck.
• An office off the master suite can be converted into a nursery.
• The walkout lower level has a TV room, exercise room, two bedrooms and a bathroom.
• Iron railings on the redwood decks don't obstruct the view.
• The attached garage roof doubles as a patio.
• Two little cabins, originally on the property, are behind the home and offer extra sleeping space.
• There's a boathouse down by the shoreline.
• The Stonekings put in all native plants, so there's no lawn to mow.
• Amery, Wis., offers a small-town setting about 60 miles away from St. Paul.
Steve Figlmiller of Coldwell Banker Burnet has the listing, 612-251-6787.