Looking for a quick guide to NFL free agency, which opens this afternoon at 3 p.m.? We've got you covered. Already, our analysis at the Star Tribune has brought you the following.
- A look at why new general manager Rick Spielman will be aggressive but not impractical when surveying the free agent flea market this week.
- A forecast into the futures of Vikings free agents E.J. Henderson, Erin Henderson, Visanthe Shiancoe, Husain Abdullah and Devin Aromashodu.
- A look at the biggest names at the Vikings' positions of needs and why stars like Vincent Jackson, Marques Colston, Brandon Carr and Cortland Finnegan might be sensible additions.
- A reminder that free agency can be, as Mark Craig puts it, a minefield, further emphasizing that a Vikings' turnaround will not be complete by the end of this week.
- And if you're going through "Access Vikings: The Show" withdrawal, maybe you missed last week's offseason analysis show. (Included: thoughts on Peyton Manning as a Viking.)
Finally, just to prime the pump even more, we're happy to direct you to the list of the top free agents at each position delivered by NFL.com senior writer Steve Wyche. And then there's this "Hot 100" list provided by Evan Silva of ProFootballTalk.com.
Yep. It's time. Let the free agency frenzy begin.