A western Wisconsin girl who boasted of her “first kill” while viciously attacking her brother’s girlfriend will stay in juvenile court jurisdiction until her 17th birthday.

Once the girl turns 17, she will be charged with two felonies and placed on state supervision until she’s 25, District Attorney Michael Nieskes said Friday. He declined to describe the nature of those felonies.

Adult charges against the 15-year-old girl, including attempted first-degree intentional homicide, were recently dismissed in St. Croix County Circuit Court in Hudson.

The girl, from Star Prairie, Wis., was charged in July 2016 after allegedly punching the victim repeatedly and slashing her throat with shards from broken ceramic bowls.

The accused girl appeared at hearings over the winter as her attorneys argued to move her case to juvenile court. An agreement was reached in March to move her to a juvenile correctional institution in northern Wisconsin, where she can receive counseling.

The attack, which occurred July 27, drew national attention. Court records indicate the girl was aware of news coverage, including in People magazine, while she was incarcerated at a juvenile detention center in Eau Claire, Wis.

Wearing a black hoodie, the girl rode her bicycle 11 miles from her house to New Richmond, Wis., where she crept through an unlocked sliding glass door at the victim’s trailer home.

She pulled on blue rubber gloves and jumped on the sleeping girl, punching her as many as 30 times, according to the criminal complaint.

Sometime during the two-hour attack, according to the victim, the defendant described herself as crazy and a psychopath. She said this was her “first kill” and that she would kill again.

According to the complaint, the girl asked the victim if she “wanted to die right now” or “bleed out.” When the victim said she preferred the latter, the defendant covered her with a blanket and left.

“Have a nice afterlife,” the attacker allegedly told the semiconscious girl.

Two psychologists who interviewed the accused attacker described her as an intelligent, high-functioning student who suffered from depression and anxiety disorder. They said she was impulsive and emotional, but “very amenable to treatment” and at low risk to reoffend, according to court testimony.

The girl fabricated a story for investigating officers, saying that she had been assaulted by two men wearing dark ski masks who were armed with a knife and drove a green pickup. She said the men had tried to abduct her and she had fought to get away. Finally, because “they wanted somebody,” she said she told them her brother’s girlfriend was home alone in the trailer court near the library in New Richmond.

The story quickly fell apart because the 15-year-old victim — who survived — told police who had attacked her.