Target Field was hailed by ESPN the Magazine for providing "the best stadium experience" in professional sports in 2010. But the Twins weren't satisfied and have made the following changes for 2011:
• A statue of Twins great Tony Oliva will be unveiled today outside Gate 6.
• Advertising above the right field stands has been replaced with a 28-foot by 50-foot video display board. Fans throughout the park now will be able to watch replays.
• A 100-foot tower in right field -- the Twins Tower -- will provide video, graphics and animation.
• More heaters. The addition of 130 heaters brings the stadium total to about 380.
• The black spruce trees are gone in center field, and there's a dark honeycombed piece of aluminum hanging from the wall behind center to cut down on glare and to provide a better background for hitters.
• Additional Kasota stone has been added to the facade below the Metropolitan Club.
• Fans will be able to access wireless Internet -- TwiFi -- on portable or handheld devices.