This weekend serves up two big celebrations — the annual Twin Cities Pride Festival in Loring Park in downtown Minneapolis and the Twin Cities Jazz Festival in St. Paul’s Lowertown — so expect extra traffic into both downtowns. The celebrations likely will draw lots of out-of-towners who may not know the landscape, so offer them some grace.
Target Field hosts its first soccer match, with the Minnesota United taking on Club Leon Saturday night. In St. Paul, the Saints are home against Winnipeg Friday through Sunday.
Some orange cone highlights:
1. Interstate 494: Traffic between Fish Lake Road in Maple Grove and Hwy. 55 in Plymouth is reduced to two lanes each direction until Nov. 4.
2. Hwy. 100: Both directions between the Crosstown and I-394 are shut down until 5 a.m. Monday. Follow the detours to Hwy. 169 or I-35W to bypass the closure.
3. I-35W in Arden Hills: Watch for narrow lanes and lane shifts in both directions at County Roads E2 and H.
4. I-694: Westbound traffic has two lanes separated by a concrete barrier between I-35E and Lexington Avenue. The ramp from Rice Street to westbound I-694 is closed until November.
5. I-35E in northeast metro: Intermittent lane closures between County Road 96 and County Road J. County 96 is one lane from Centerville Road to White Bear Parkway and closed at Manning Avenue.
6. Hwys. 61 and 97: Both directions between the north intersection of Hwy 97/Scandia Trail and 202nd Street in Forest Lake are down to a single lane. Eastbound Hwy. 97 is closed at Hwy. 61.
7. Hwy. 8: Closed between the south junction of Hwy. 95 in Franconia Township and downtown Taylors Falls.
8. I-94 from St. Paul to Maplewood: Resurfacing between E. 7th Street and Century Avenue will last until the end of 2017. The left lane on westbound I-94 from Century Avenue to Mounds Boulevard is closed. The eastbound left lane is closed between 4 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. daily. Look for ramp closures at Ruth Street to westbound I-94, White Bear Avenue to eastbound I-94, McKnight Road to eastbound I-94, Century Avenue to eastbound I-94 and westbound I-94 to Century. Also, the ramp from eastbound I-94 to E. 7th Street remains closed. To access downtown St. Paul, use 5th or 10th street.
9. I-35E in St. Paul: The St. Clair Avenue bridge is closed through late July. The ramp from southbound I-35E to St. Clair is also closed through July 31. Southbound I-35 is one lane from Maryland Avenue to I-94 from 5 a.m. Saturday until 7 p.m. Sunday. The ramp to southbound Hwy. 52 closed.
10. Hwy. 36 and Lexington Avenue: Traffic has been shifted to the new bypass on the south side of Hwy. 36. The ramp from Dale Street to westbound Hwy. 36 is closed, as are all ramps at Lexington Avenue under Hwy. 36.
11. Hwy. 280: Closed between Broadway and I-35W and lanes reduced between I-94 and Broadway until mid-July.
12. I-35W in Minneapolis: The following bridges over I-35W have lane closures until late June: eastbound Hennepin Avenue, westbound Broadway and southbound Johnson Street.
13. Hwy. 5: Traffic is sharing the eastbound side of the bridge as crews rebuild the westbound side. It’s single-lane traffic between Davern Street and Hwy. 55 through November. Some ramps are closed.
14. Randolph Avenue in St. Paul: Closed between Lexington Parkway and I-35E for approximately one month.
15. The Franklin Avenue Bridge over the Mississippi River in Minneapolis is closed until Labor Day weekend.
16. Minnehaha Avenue is closed between 34th and 38th streets in south Minneapolis. Downtown, detours and lane closures are in place along portions of 3rd Avenue S., primarily between 11th Street and Washington Avenue.
17. Hwy. 3: Closed in Farmington between Hwy. 50 and just south of 213th/Main Street until 5 a.m. Monday.