Here's big news: No major freeway or highway closings are on tap this weekend.
Instead, look for chronic problem areas and complications from special events. Traffic around the University of Minnesota will be heavy Saturday afternoon when the Gophers host Nebraska at 2:30 p.m. at TCF Bank Stadium, and again on Sunday at noon as the Vikings play the Kansas City Chiefs.
It also would be a good idea to buckle up. A statewide "Click It or Ticket" campaign runs through Oct. 25.
Here is where you'll encounter orange cones and barrels and possible delays.
• Hwy. 5: Look for extra traffic near the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport as the throngs who left for the MEA weekend head back to town. Airport officials expect 115,000 to 120,000 passengers to pass through the terminals over the weekend, about 20,000 more than on a typical day.
• I-494/694: In the northwest metro, MnDOT has delayed the opening of the ramp from westbound I-694 to southbound I-494 in Maple Grove until Oct. 26. I-494 has lane and ramp closures in place between I-694 and Hwy. 55.
• Hwy. 7: Both directions are closed between Beltline Avenue and Wooddale Avenue. To cross Hwy. 100, motorists will be detoured to Excelsior Blvd. and Louisiana Avenue until fall 2016.
• Hwy. 10 in Ramsey: Delays near Armstrong Boulevard through late October. Armstrong Boulevard is closed north of Hwy 10.
• Hwy. 13 between Mendota and Lilydale: Closed between Second Street and Lexington Avenue. The detour is via Hwy. 110 and I-35E.
• I-35E in St. Paul and Little Canada: Lane and ramp closures between I-694 and the Cayuga Bridge. The ramp from southbound I-35E to southbound Hwy. 52 and eastbound I-94 is closed through early November 2015. The 6th Street ramp to both directions of I-94 in downtown St. Paul will be closed from 8 p.m. Friday until 1 p.m. Saturday.
• I-35E in Vadnais Heights: Both directions have lane restrictions during overnight hours between I-694 and County Road 96.
• Hwy. 41 in Chaska: Closed between Hwy 169 and 1st Street from 8 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday. The detour is via County Road 101 and County Road 61 in Chaska or Hwy. 169 and County Road 69 in Shakopee.
• Hwy. 169 in Jordan: Single lane between Hwys. 21 and 282 with a speed limit of 45 mph through late October.
• I-494: Lane restrictions and ramp closures between Hwy. 55 and the Fish Lake Interchange in Maple Grove.