The biggest curve ball for drivers this weekend won't be delivered by Twins ace Ervin Santana, rather the Minnesota Department of Transportation which will close the eastbound lanes of I-94 between Brooklyn Center and downtown Minneapolis.
Cones and barrels will go up from Friday night to Monday morning, making it a bit more difficult for fans heading to Target Field to root on the Twins as the team pushes for the playoffs with games Friday through Sunday. It also will hamper fans going to Saturday's Gopher football game at TCF Bank Stadium.
Green Line riders in St. Paul will be put on buses from 6:45 p.m. Friday through 3 a.m. Monday between the Capitol/Rice Street and Union Depot stations.
Look out for bicyclists. The 11th annual Minneapolis Bike Tour take place all across the city on Sunday.
The Hwy. 243 bridge at Osceola, Wis. is now closed. Here is where you'll run into possible delays due to road construction:
Interstate 94 in Minneapolis and St. Paul
1. I-94 from Minneapolis to Brooklyn Center: Eastbound lanes closed from 10 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday between I-394 and I-694. Drivers will be detoured to south Hwy. 169 to east I-394. Third Street and East Lyndale ramp in downtown Minneapolis to I-94 west will also be closed from midnight Saturday to 5 a.m. Monday for improvements.
2. I-94 from St. Paul to Maplewood: Eastbound has one lane set aside for through traffic while one lane is for drivers who want to access local streets. Lane and restrictions and ramp closures between Century Avenue and Mounds Boulevard. The ramp from east I-94 to south Hwy. 61 is closed.
3. Cedar and Portland avenues: Closed between 28th and Lake streets.
4. 5th Avenue S.: The ramps to northbound I- 35W and eastbound I-94 are closed. Fifth Avenue is closed between Franklin Avenue and E. 19th Street. The MnPass lane on northbound I-35W is closed from 24th Street to downtown Minneapolis ahead of Monday's closure of the Franklin Avenue bridge.
5. Hwy. 110 in Mendota Heights: Westbound lanes closed between I-494 and I-35E through early fall.
6. Hwy. 95 in Afton: Both directions closed between 15th and 21st streets. Northbound will reopen at 5 a.m. Monday
7. Hwy. 61 in Cottage Grove: The County Road 19/Innovation Road overpass is closed.
8. Hwy. 5 in St. Paul: Both directions at Payne Avenue reduced to two lanes. Payne Avenue is closed between E. 7th Street and Woodward Avenue.
9. Hwy. 149/Smith Avenue in St. Paul: The High Bridge is closed until December 2018.
10. Hwy. 51/Snelling Avenue in Roseville: Lane restrictions between Energy Park Drive and Hwy. 36.
11. Eastbound 694 in Shoreview: Restricted to two lanes separated by a concrete barrier between Hwy. 10 and I-35E. The inside lane carries through traffic and drivers must continue east on I-694. The outside/right lane allows access to local streets and drivers must continue south on I-35E. Westbound traffic is down to two lanes. Eastbound Hwy. 10 ramp to I-694 is closed. MnDOT says consider using an alternate route,or detour via Snelling Avenue.
12. I-35W at Hwy. 10 in Arden Hills: Ramps from west Hwy. 10 to north I-35W and north I-35W to County Road I are closed.
13. Hwy. 10 in Elk River: Intermittent lane closures between Waco Street and Joplin Street.
14. Hwy. 97 in Forest Lake: No access to and from Hwy. 97 at 11th Street. Single lane on Hwy. 97 from Goodview Avenue to Harrow Avenue.
15. Hwy. 243 in Osceola, Wis.: The bridge is closed. Detour via Hwy. 8 through Taylors Falls.
16. Hwy. 169 in Edina and St. Louis Park: Closed between Bren Road and Lincoln Drive/5th Street and single lane between I-394 and Excelsior Boulevard. Ramps at Bren Road are closed. The ramp from west I-394 to south Hwy. 169 is closed.
17. Hwy. 41 in Chaska: Closed between Hwy. 5 and Lyman Boulevard until Sept. 26
18. 66th Street in Richfield: Closed to through traffic between Girard and Xerxes avenues S.
19. 86th Street in Bloomington: The overpass at I-35W is closed.
20. Hwy. 13 in Burnsville and Savage: Lane closures between Hwy. 169 and Washburn Avenue.
21. Hwy. 55 in Inver Grove Heights: Lane restrictions in the vicinity of Argenta Trail.
22. Hwy. 3 in Castle Rock: The highway is closed between W. 275 and 280th streets.
23. Hwy. 169 in Shakopee: One lane closed between Hwy. 41 and W. 145th Street from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.