Sunday: Noon at U.S. Bank Stadium (Ch. 9, 100.3-FM, 1130-AM)
ABOUT THE BEARS
• The Bears (3-12) have won only one game, 26-6 vs. the 49ers, since defeating the Vikings on Oct. 31 at Soldier Field.
• Chicago has lost six of its past seven, including a 41-21 defeat vs. Washington on Christmas Eve, and is guaranteed a top-10 draft pick for the third consecutive year.
• The Bears have 19 players on injured reserve, including QB Jay Cutler, CB Kyle Fuller, WR Kevin White and G Kyle Long.
• LB Jerrell Freeman, the Bears’ leading tackler, returned last week from a four-game suspension for PEDs.
• Rookie RB Jordan Howard has been the offense’s lone bright spot, averaging 5.1 yards per carry. He’s seventh in the NFL with 1,178 rushing yards.
PLAYER SPEAK | QB MATT BARKLEY
• Barkley, a 2013 fourth-round draft pick by the Eagles, has started five games for the Bears since Jay Cutler’s season-ending shoulder injury.
• The fourth-year quarterback has thrown eight touchdown passes and 12 interceptions in six appearances this season.
• On his first five NFL starts with the Bears: “A lot of growth in a lot of areas, and then there’s been moments of correction and learning through the fire. It’s a matter of not making the same mistake twice.”
• On RB Jordan Howard: “He’s been a workhorse, really taking the role of being our No. 1 back. He’s gotten a lot better in pass protection, seeing everything. He’s been huge.’’
COACH SPEAK | JOHN FOX
• Fox is in his 15th season as an NFL head coach, second for the Bears with a 9-22 record in Chicago.
• While the Bears defense is in the top half of the league in yards allowed, it has the fewest takeaways (10) in the league.
• On his goal for Week 17: “One thing stands out: We have not won on the road all season long. This will be another opportunity.”
• On the Vikings’ changes under coordinator Pat Shurmur: “Completely different concepts. It’s a West Coast offense, they’re getting rid of the ball faster.
• On Barkley: “I know last week we had the five interceptions. So much is made of that and it’s real, but he’s a young guy who is gaining experience.”