In control throughout a rainy, sloppy night, No. 2-seeded Wayzata rolled to a 5-0 victory over Owatonna in the Class 2A boys' soccer quarterfinals Tuesday at Benilde-St. Margaret's High School.

Senior forward Maclane King scored two goals to pace the Trojans (17-0-3), who kept the Huskies (11-8-1) from generating a shot on goal until the 28th minute of the first half. Wayzata's defense notched its 11th shutout of the season.

"I'm very proud of my players, especially with these tough conditions in the weather," Trojans coach Dominic Duenas said. "Defensively, we played really well. We knew they had some pace up top with [Nate Smith], but I thought we contained them very well."

After Alex Bracken's goal gave Wayzata a 1-0 lead in the 15th minute, King scored his first goal on a crossing pass from Sadra Golzarian with less than 17 minutes left in the first half. Golzarian sprinted down the left sideline before his centering pass found King in front of the net. King redirected the ball past Owatonna goalie Aidan Buryska before he could adjust.

"Coach was telling me to stay wide and sink behind their guys," King said. "Sadra played a perfect ball in, and I just put whatever I could on it and it went in."

King scored once more in the second half and the Trojans added goals by Stuart Sain and Erik Williams.

Owatonna reached the state tournament for the third time in five years, but has yet to advance beyond the quarterfinals.

Wayzata advanced to the state semifinals set for Monday at U.S. Bank Stadium.

"A lot of us have never been to the new stadium before," King said. "To be playing on the field is going to be an awesome feeling. Hopefully we can keep this going."

Edina 3, Burnsville 0: The Hornets (16-3-1) shut out the Blaze (10-8-1), which lost its starting goalkeeper after a first-half injury.

The match was scoreless when Edina junior forward Matt Lindberg took a pass from teammate Roody Joinvil and scored on a twisting shot to the upper right corner of the net in the 22nd minute. The goal came less than a minute after Burnsville replaced senior goalie Tommy Lopez, who had started every game for the Blaze, because of an injury.

His backup, junior Jacob Connor, had no chance of stopping Lindberg's sniper shot as Edina gradually pulled away.

The Hornets' duo of Joinvil and Lindberg struck again in the 57th minute in the second half. Lindberg fielded Joinvil's pass, split two Blaze defenders and beat Connor again, this time going far left off the post.

"That is the goal you need in a tough soccer game like this," Hornets coach Dave Jenson said. "Burnsville had a really good team and a tough section. They played really well."