– Vikings defensive end Everson Griffen made his first public comments Thursday since undergoing a mental health evaluation following two police incidents last weekend.

Griffen, the 30-year-old team captain, wrote on his verified Instagram account that he’s “focused on resolving personal issues” and thanked his family, team and fans for their support.

Griffen vowed to return to the Vikings “a much-improved person and player.”

“This past week’s events have raised many questions and I want to apologize to everyone who was impacted,” he wrote. “I am currently focused on resolving personal issues with which I have been dealing for a long time. Once I have had time to address those issues, I hope to share my story with everyone.

“I am extremely grateful for the support I have received from my family, the Vikings organization, my teammates and our tremendous fan base. I apologize for not being able to take the field with my teammates and do not have an exact timeline for my return. I promise, however, I will return as a much-improved person and player.”

Griffen did not travel to Los Angeles with the Vikings for Thursday night’s game against the Rams. He also has dealt with a knee injury that limited him before last weekend’s incidents of erratic behavior. Police were called upon twice to intervene at those scenes.

Big night for Robinson

Receiver Aldrick Robinson’s signing with the Vikings on Sept. 17 was unexpected, and so was his second touchdown catch Thursday night. The 17-yarder from quarterback Kirk Cousins in the second quarter was actually intended for tight end Kyle Rudolph.

“No, it was not thrown to me,” Robinson said. “I was in the right place at the right time on that play.

“I actually waited to see if [Rudolph] was going to catch it, but it went over his head and I caught it.”

Robinson’s only other catch — a 16-yarder in the first quarter — also went for a touchdown.

McDermott hurts finger

With a hefty bandage on his left pinkie finger, long snapper Kevin McDermott hiked at the end of the second quarter and entire second half after suffering an injury early in the game.

McDermott declined to discuss the injury, which had lifted tight end David Morgan into the long snapper’s role for an extra point and punt in the first half.

“You just have to adjust how you’re feeling, and luckily I was able to get some reps on the sidelines with Matt [Wile], Dan [Bailey] and I felt good,” McDermott said.

Waynes concussed

Cornerback Trae Waynes surrendered a 47-yard touchdown to Rams wide receiver Brandin Cooks in the second quarter and was not seen on the field after halftime. The Vikings announced Waynes was out for the game after being diagnosed with a concussion.

The Vikings’ corner depth was further tested when Xavier Rhodes left during the second half with cramps, according to the Fox broadcast.

At one point, the Vikings’ three cornerbacks were Holton Hill, Mike Hughes and Mackensie Alexander.

Run game still lifeless

Despite being listed as questionable because of a hamstring injury, running back Dalvin Cook returned against the Rams and still couldn’t lift the Vikings’ lifeless rushing attack.

Cook finished with 20 yards on 10 carries, which all came in the first half.

Cousins was the Vikings’ leading rusher with 28 yards on four carries, including a fourth-and-short conversion on a quarterback sneak.

He had a long run of 19 yards.