Sunday: Noon at U.S. Bank Stadium (Ch. 9, 100.3-FM, 1130-AM)
ABOUT THE LIONS
• The Lions (4-4) had a three-game winning streak before falling Oct. 30 to the Texans 20-13 in Houston.
• QB Matthew Stafford has the fourth-highest passer rating (103.4) in the league, trailing only Tom Brady, Matt Ryan and Drew Brees.
• That’s without future Hall of Fame receiver Calvin Johnson, who retired this offseason.
• WR Marvin Jones, who signed with the Lions from Cincinnati, leads Detroit with 656 receiving yards and four touchdown catches.
• The Lions defense has been playing shorthanded this season, being without LB DeAndre Levy since Week 1 because of a knee injury and LB Jon Bostic because of a broken foot.
PLAYER SPEAK | QB MATTHEW STAFFORD
• Stafford, in his eighth NFL season, is on pace to set career-best marks in completion percentage, passing yardage and fewest interceptions .
• He’s done much of the heavy lifting as the Lions’ 21.8 rushing attempts per game is third fewest in the league.
• On the Lions changing offensive coordinators midseason last year: “There’s ways to work through it. … It may take no time at all, it may take weeks.”
• On facing Vikings CB Xavier Rhodes again: “He’s a really good, big and physical corner who can run. He can make plays on the ball. He’s kind of what you want in a corner in the NFL these days.”
COACH SPEAK | JIM CALDWELL
• Caldwell is in his sixth NFL season as a head coach and third with the Lions, with a 48-40 overall record. He has a 2-3 postseason record.
• Caldwell is in his first year under new Lions General Manager Bob Quinn, who directed pro scouting with the Patriots for four seasons.
• On Stafford thriving despite losing WR Calvin Johnson: “I’ve heard people try to make that assessment, but it’s inaccurate. I would say it’s because [Stafford] works hard, loves the game and spends time at it.”
• On five Lions having at least 25 receptions: “With the variety of different concepts we use, it just so happens the ball gets spread around quite a bit and we think that’s a good thing.”