Officers from La Crescent, Minn., exchanged gunfire with two men during a high-speed pursuit that ended early Monday when the suspects crashed their vehicle in a farm field in Houston County.

One of the men was taken to a hospital in La Crosse, Wis., where he was treated for noncritical injuries and later booked into jail on probable cause for attempted murder. The second suspect was uninjured and booked into the Houston County jail in southeastern Minnesota on the same charge, a spokeswoman for the state Bureau of Criminal Apprehension said.

No officers were injured in the incident that unfolded around 1:30 a.m., said Jill Oliveira, a BCA spokeswoman.

Police spotted the men behaving suspiciously at a Kwik Trip gas station in La Crescent and attempted to stop their vehicle, a green Ford Taurus, as they left. As officers initiated a traffic stop at Hwys. 44 and 16 in Hokah, the suspects shot at police. The officers fired back, Oliveira said.

The suspects fled in the Taurus and raced south along Hwy. 44 at speeds between 90 and 100 miles per hour, according to a recording posted on the Police Clips website. The suspects shot rounds at police as the pursuit continued until they crashed in a bean field on Hwy. 44 and Carpenter Road near Caledonia.

By then, deputies from the Houston County Sheriff's Office, officers from the Caledonia Police Department and Minnesota State Patrol had joined the pursuit.

Both suspects fled on foot into the field and eventually were caught, Oliveira said.

In the arrest captured on the recording, officers can be heard ordering the suspects to keep their hands up, shouting for them to "get away from the car and get on the ground." A few moments later an officer asks for medical help, saying "one male suspect is wounded."

The injured suspect suffered two gunshot wounds to the back of the neck, according to the recording. He was treated and then jailed.

Squad cameras captured the shooting incident, and footage will be used by the BCA during its investigation. No information about the officers — other than that they were not hurt — has been released.

The officers will be placed on administrative leave, a standard procedure in such cases, Oliveira said.