Red Knights top Cadets
• BENILDE-ST. MARGARET’S 4, ST. THOMAS ACADEMY 3 (OT): Carter Roo’s goal with 1:30 remaining in overtime completed a comeback as Benilde-St. Margaret’s topped St. Thomas Academy. Trailing 3-1 in the third period, the Red Knights rallied to tie the score at 13:13 on Chase Jungels’ power-play goal. Roo assisted on the game-tying goal and scored the game-winner. St. Thomas Academy’s Tom Novak scored a goal and added an assist.
• BURNSVILLE 3, BLOOMINGTON JEFFERSON 0: Dylan Lubbesmeyer’s 26-save shutout and three Blaze goals powered Burnsville past Bloomington Jefferson. Brock Boeser also had three points for the Class 2A, No. 5 Blaze.
• EASTVIEW 3, ROSEMOUNT 2 (OT): Tommy Hutsell scored two goals for Eastview — including the game-winner in overtime — as they defeated Rosemount. Lightning goalie Zachary Driscoll made 29 saves.
Hopkins shuts out Minnetonka
• HOPKINS 2, MINNETONKA 0: Royals goalie Erin O’Neil recorded a 31-save shutout as Class 2A, No. 3 Hopkins defeated No. 1 Minnetonka. Grace Bizal and Nina Rodgers scored goals for Hopkins, which has won eight straight.
• ACHIEVER ACADEMY 5, BURNSVILLE 4: A three-goal third-period assault — led by Alyssa Sweet’s game-winner — gave the Aces a come-from-behind victory over the Blaze. Burnsville took a 3-2 lead into the third period but could not hold it despite outshooting the Aces 32-17 in the game.
• CHASKA/CHANHASSEN 6, SHAKOPEE 1: Mollie Wise scored four goals and assisted on another as the Hawks defeated the Sabers. Hawks goalie Carly Van Orden stopped 17 of 18 and Lydia Passolt tallied had assists for Chaksa/Chanhassen.
Macura leads Lakeville North to victory
• LAKEVILLE NORTH 69, BURNSVILLE 65: A lingering back injury didn’t stop Lakeville North’s J.P. Macura from scoring a game-high 22 points and leading the Panthers over the Blaze. Connor Flack and Drew Stewart both scored in double figures for the Panthers. Macura, averaging just over 33 points per game, recorded his lowest point total of the season.
• APPLE VALLEY 87, EAGAN 51: Tyus Jones finished the game with 22 points and eight assists as Apple Valley cruised to victory over Eagan. Gary Trent Jr. scored 14 points, Dennis Austin posted 10 points and 11 rebounds, and Brock Bertram finished with 11 points and 11 rebounds.
• CRETIN-DERHAM HALL 102, HASTINGS 76: Sam Neumann led his team to victory with 24 points as Cretin-Derham Hall rolled to improve its Suburban East Conference record to 6-0.
• ROSEMOUNT 50, EASTVIEW 47: Garrett Goetz’s game-high 17 points led the Irish to a win over the Lightning, which is coached by Goetz’s father, Paul. The Irish overcame an eight-point halftime deficit and outscored Eastview 32-21 in the second half.
Rosemount’s Grim makes history, but Eastview wins
• EASTVIEW 67, ROSEMOUNT 50: Madison Guebert scored a team-high 22 and Kari Opatz added 18 as Class 4A, No. 1 Eastview topped Rosemount. Hannah Grim scored a season-high 38 points for the Irish and is now the leading scorer in Rosemount history with 1,436 points.
• MINNETONKA 66, CHANHASSEN 49: The Class 4A, No. 4 Skippers were boosted by Courtney Frederickson’s 20 points. Mackenzie Dahl added 14 for Minnetonka.