Wayzata knocks off No. 3 Maple Grove
• WAYZATA 77, MAPLE GROVE 62: The Trojans secured the Class 4A, Section 5 semifinal victory despite 42 points from Crimson guard Brad Davison. Five Trojans scored in double figures, led by Jack Sowada’s 21 points. Junior forward Austin Slater had 17 points, junior guard Johnny Beeninga 13, and sophomore guard Gavin Baumgartner 12 for the Trojans (21-7). Center Reed Nikko had 11 points for Maple Grove (23-4), ranked No. 3 in Class 4A by Minnesota Basketball News.
• CHAMPLIN PARK 81, CENTENNIAL 65: JT Gibson scored 18 of his 26 points the second half to help the Rebels defeat the Cougars and advance to the Class 4, Section 5 final. The Rebels trailed by two points at the break before outscoring the Cougars 49-31 in the second half. Tyler Pederson led Centennial with 18 points.
• MINNEAPOLIS ROOSEVELT 59, ST. PAUL ACADEMY 57: Senior guard Arione Farrar Jr. hit a last-second three-pointer to lift the Teddies to the victory and into the Class 2A, Section 4 final.
• BRECK 64, PROVIDENCE ACADEMY 62: Ramaud Chiaokhiao-Bowman’s lay- up with 11 seconds lifted the Mustangs to a Class 2A, Section 5 semifinal victory. The Lions had a chance to tie but missed a shot at the buzzer. Will Culliton paced the Mustangs with 27 points. Sebastian Brown led the Lions with 16 points.
• FRIDLEY 53, MINNEAPOLIS HENRY 48: The Tigers slipped past the Patriots for a Class 3A, Section 3 victory behind 20 points from center Jonathan Conyers. Ramaa Hudnell led the Patriots with 11 points.
• MARANATHA 71, MINNESOTA TRANSITIONS 50: Jeremiah Hanson scored 23 points and Damario Armstrong 22 to pace Maranatha to a Class 1A, Section 4 semifinal victory.
• MINNEAPOLIS NORTH 97, LEGACY CHRISTIAN 68: The Polars breezed past the Lions behind Jamil Jackson’s 22 points for the Class 1A, Section 4 semifinal victory.
• ANNANDALE 67, MAPLE LAKE 51: Chase Knickerbocker scored 30 points to help the Cardinals edge the Irish and earn a berth in the Class 2A, Section 5 final.
• ANDOVER 76, CAMBRIDGE-ISANTI 69: Nick Eliason scored 32 points to power the Huskies to a Class 4A, Section 7 semifinal victory.
Minnetonka romps on threes
• MINNETONKA 93, MINNEAPOLIS SOUTHWEST 53: The Skippers made 14 three-pointers and cruised past the Lakers for a Class 4A, Section 6 quarterfinal victory. Courtney Frederickson led Minnetonka with 24 points and Caroline Shelquist added 15. Keyia Parker led the Lakers with 17 points.
• ORONO 88, ST. CLOUD APOLLO 20: The top-seeded Spartans raced out to a 60-12 halftime lead on their way to a Class 3A, Section 5 quarterfinal victory. Thirteen different Spartans scored, led by Tori Andrew’s 17 points.
• BENILDE ST. MARGARET’S 44, MOUND WESTONKA 34: Senior guard Gretchen Sattler scored 16 points to lift the Red Knights to a Class 3A, Section 6 quarterfinal victory. Katie Jo Schlueter and Sidney Liebl each chipped in with 12 points.