Becker hands Albany first loss
• BECKER 42, ALBANY 6: Quarterback Andrew Stanger threw three touchdowns to fellow senior captain Alex Meidt to help the Bulldogs clinch the East Central North title with a victory over previously undefeated Albany on Thursday. Becker, ranked No. 1 in Class 4A in the Associated Press state fpoll, finished undefeated in league play for the fourth consecutive year. The Bulldogs opened the scoring on a trickplay when Meidt fielded a punt and handed off the ball to senior Tyler Thorson, who raced down the sideline for a 75-yard touchdown. On Becker’s next drive, Stanger found Meidt on a 71-yard touchdown pass. The duo connected two more times for touchdowns of 26 and 37 yards.
• MOORHEAD 33, ELK RIVER 14: Senior running back Devante Delbrune rushed for two touchdowns and quarterback Matt Bye passed for two more to help the Spuds beat the Elks. The Spuds jumped out to a 19-0 lead in the second quarter after Delbrune scored on runs of 8 and 9 yards. The Elks pulled with five points in third quarter after Kyle Ziemer’s 1-yard touchdown run. But Bye secured the victory with a 63-yard touchdown pass to Carter Howell in the fourth quarter.
• ROCORI 41, PRINCETON 14: Gunner Feldhege ran for a 28-yard touchdown on the first play of the game and the Spartans cruised to a victory over the Tigers. Junior quarterback Connor Schoborg passed for two touchdowns and rushed for another to lead Rocori.
• CAMBRIDGE-ISANTI 49, NORTH BRANCH 14: Running backs Ryley Nelson and Austin Schlenker combined to score all seven Bluejackets touchdowns in a rout of the Vikings. Nelson finished with 10 carries for 131 yards and three touchdowns; Schlenker had 21 carries for 104 yards and four touchdowns.
• WATERVILLE-ELYSIAN-MORRISTOWN 33, MAYER LUTHERAN 14: Running back Mitchell Wolter finished with 255 yards and two touchdowns on 35 carries to help the Buccaneers finish the regular season undefeated. The Buccaneers seized control in the third quarter when Wolter scored from a yard out and on Mayer Lutheran’s next play Taylor Glende intercepted a pass and returned it 52-yards for a touchdown that pushed the lead to 27-7. Quarterback Jack Chmielewski led the Crusaders with 121 yards passing and touchdown.
• DASSEL-COKATO 27, WATERTOWN-MAYER 13: Senior quarterback Mitch Fiecke passed for two touchdowns and Derek Antil rushed for two more to lead the Chargers to a victory over the Royals. The Chargers trailed 13-7 in the second quarter before rallying to score 20 unanswered points.
• LITCHFIELD 7, GLENCOE-SILVER LAKE 6: Kicker Jared Pederson’s extra point after Josh Prahl’s 13-yard touchdown pass to Brandon Nelson in the second quarter was enough for Dragons to beat the Panthers. Junior Carter Wattenhofer sealed the victory with an interception in the final seconds of the game.
• ROGERS 31, CHISAGO LAKES 14: Senior running back Blayne Kasper rushed for two touchdowns to lead the Royals past the Wildcats. Kaleb Anderson’s 3-yard touchdown run gave the Royals a 14-7 lead in the second quarter, but the Wildcats tied it on Trevin Nelson’s 7-yard run. The Royals responded by scoring the final 17 points of the game, including six on quarterback Tanner Palm’s 37-yard touchdown pass to Mitch Spilles in the fourth quarter. Ethan Hickcox finished with 83 rushing yards and a touchdown to lead the Wildcats.
• ZIMMERMAN 42, ST. CLOUD CATHEDRAL 13: Running back Alex Riley finished with three rushing touchdowns on 12 carries and Ben Schnellman added two touchdowns to help the Thunder breeze to the victory. The Thunder used seven different ball carriers to finish with 186 rushing yards on 36 attempts. Riley led all rushers with 61 yards.
Orono edges Breck
• ORONO 2, BRECK 1 (OT): Ben Phelps scored with 16 seconds left the final overtime period to complete the Spartans’ comeback victory. Breck led 1-0 after Garrett Opperman scored, but the Bulldogs conceded an own-goal with 2:36 left in regulation. Orono is ranked No. 2 in the Class 1A coaches’ poll.
• NORTH ST. PAUL 3, ST. THOMAS ACADEMY 0: The Polars, ranked No. 1 in the Class 2A, were powered by a pair of goals from sophomore forward Ata Claremont. He leads Class 2A players in the state with 29 goals and 68 points.
• ORONO 4, BLAKE 0: The Spartans, ranked No. 3 in Class 1A, improved to 14-2 with a victory over the No. 5 Bears. Senior midfielder Rachel Rudd started the scoring with an unassisted goal less than six minutes into the match. Lily McKown added a pair of goals before halftime. Carly Goehring recorded her second assist of the game when she set up Danielle Jorgenson for the Spartans’ fourth goal. Orono, the defending small-school state champion, closed out the regular season with an 11-game winning streak that dates to Sept. 8.
• WAYZATA 1, MINNETONKA 0: Morgan Turner’s second half goal clinched the Lake Conference title for Wayzata. The Trojans are champions of a league which has four of its five teams ranked in the top 10 of Class 2A.
• MOUNDS VIEW 1, PARK OF COTTAGE GROVE 0: Emma Bangent netted the game’s lone goal off a pass from Rachel Boyer to keep the Mustangs, ranked No. 2 in Class 2A, unbeaten with a victory over the Wolfpack.