Forget minimalism — this year’s spring looks are anything but. From Saint Laurent to Louis Vuitton, spring’s runways are all about pattern, color and 1970s influences. Pattern mixing is the order of the day: psychedelic paisleys paired with funky florals and Mondrian color-blocked prints combined with Missoni-style chevrons in an eye-popping rainbow of hues.
Channel old-school supermodels like Jerry Hall and Patti Hansen with big, glamorous locks and a bold lip, and complete the look with gold jewelry, turban headscarves, leopard-print accents and platform shoes. You’ll look like you just stepped out of Studio 54 in its heyday — or the final, ’70s-tinged season of “Mad Men,” which resumes April 5.
Where to buy
- Lula Vintage Wear: 1587 Selby Av., St Paul. 651-644-4110 or www.lulavintagemn.com.
- Mona Williams: 18 University Av. NE., Mpls. 612-331-4493 or www.monawilliams.com.
- Nordstrom: Mall of America, Bloomington. 952-883-2121 or www.nordstrom.com.
- Proper & Prim: 2743 Lyndale Av. S., Mpls. 612-345-5486 or www.properprim.com.
- Spinario Design: 3338 University Av. SE., Mpls. 612-396-1860 or www.spinariodesign.com.
- Via’s Vintage: 2408 Hennepin Av. S., Mpls. 612-374-3649 or www.vias vintage.com.