Advertisement

Shriver 'cried with me,' housekeeper says

June 15, 2011 at 1:18AM
Advertisement

Mildred Baena, the housekeeper who is the mother of Arnold Schwarzenegger's 13-year-old out-of-wedlock son, told Britain's HELLO! magazine that the boy, Joseph, exclaimed, "Cool!" when told whom his father is.

The boy is looking forward to building a relationship with the former California governor and Hollywood star, she said.

Baena told the magazine she realized the truth of the boy's parentage once he began to resemble Schwarzenegger.

She said that Maria Shriver, Schwarzenegger's now-estranged wife, had started to put two and two together as well. "Finally, she asked point blank," Baena said. "She was so strong. She cried with me and told me to get off my knees. We held each other and I told her it wasn't Arnie's fault, that it takes two."

Hefner's wedding called offPlayboy magazine founder Hugh Hefner said his fiancée has called off their wedding, scheduled for Saturday at the Playboy Mansion in Holmby Hills, Calif. The 85-year-old Hefner said in message on Chicago-based Playboy's official Twitter feed that 24-year-old Crystal Harris "had a change of heart." Hefner announced in December that he and the former Playmate were getting married, tweeting that he'd given Harris an engagement ring. The marriage would have been Hefner's third. He divorced Playmate Kimberly Conrad in 2009.

TUNED IN TO TONYS: The 65th annual Tony Awards on CBS, hosted by Neil Patrick Harris, drew 6.9 million viewers on Sunday, according to preliminary Nielsen figures, down slightly from the 7 million viewers reported last year. The show faced stiff competition from ABC's broadcast of decisive Game 6 of the NBA Finals.

IN FASHION: Jessica Simpson is taking on the role of mentor to aspiring designers for a new NBC reality series. The network said that Simpson will help guide contestants in the series "Fashion Star" as they compete for a multimillion-dollar contract to launch their own brand. Elle McPherson will host the show.

THE END: The so-called Biker Bandit pleaded guilty Tuesday to carrying out a movie-worthy heist at the Bellagio casino in Las Vegas, in which the helmet-wearing thief waved a gun at a craps table, swiped $1.5 million in chips and escaped on a black motorcycle. Anthony Carleo, 29, admitted to armed robbery and assault with a deadly weapon, sparing him a trial. He faces at least three years in prison when he is sentenced in August, said Christopher Owens, the assistant district attorney handling the case.

Advertisement
about the writer

about the writer

Advertisement