Sunday: Noon at U.S. Bank Stadium (Ch. 9, 100.3-FM, 1130-AM)
ABOUT THE BEARS
• The Bears (5-10) ran for three touchdowns, two by Jordan Howard and one by Mitchell Trubisky, in a 20-3 victory against the Browns at Soldier Field.
• Chicago is 4-6 since the Vikings beat them 20-17 in Trubisky’s first start Oct. 9. However, its rushing attack has sputtered lately, averaging 88 yards in the past five games (peaking with 232 rushing yards in Cincinnati and bottoming out with six yards in Philadelphia).
• Seven different Bears have finished games as their leading receiver, a revolving door that’s been a weakness for Chicago. Kendall Wright’s 585 receiving yards leads the Bears.
• The Bears defense has been underrated, ranking eighth in the NFL in yards (318.6), 10th in points (19.8) and tied for 11th in takeaways (22) despite being on the field an average of over 31 minutes per game.
PLAYER SPEAK | QB Mitchell Trubisky
• Trubisky, the No. 2 overall pick in this year’s draft, will be making his 12th start Sunday. The former North Carolina star has completed 60 percent of his passes for 2,015 yards, seven touchdowns and seven interceptions.
• Trubisky’s best game came three weeks ago in Cincinnati, when he completed 25 of 32 passes for 271 yards and two touchdowns (one passing, one rushing) in a 33-7 victory.
• His 6.1 yards per carry are tied for fourth among starting quarterbacks, tied with Seattle’s Russell Wilson.
• Vikings coach Mike Zimmer on Trubisky since defending him in his first NFL start: “He’s doing a lot better. I think he’s got much better command of where he’s throwing the football. He’s using his legs to make some plays.”
COACH SPEAK | John fox
• Fox is in his 16th NFL season as a head coach (third with the Bears). His teams have a 140-129 record (8-7 in the playoffs). However, the Bears will finish last in the NFC North in each of his three seasons.
• The Bears defense is having its best season since hiring Fox, the former defensive assistant who has been to three Super Bowls with three franchises. Chicago’s 10th-place ranking in points allowed is up from 31st before his hire.
• On Trubisky: “He earned the respect of his teammates just on how prepared he was. In each game, I think, our guys have seen his makeup and what he’s capable of and I think they’ve been very impressed by it.”