Late basket puts Eden Prairie into section final
• EDEN PRAIRIE 64, ARMSTRONG 62: Blake Cashman’s basket with 4.6 seconds remaining Saturday lifted the Eagles over the Falcons in the Class 4A, Section 6 semifinals. Josh Lanasa scored 18 points to lead the top-seeded Eagles (24-4), who will meet Hopkins for the section championship on Wednesday. Sean Burns scored 21 to lead the Falcons (21-7).
• HOPKINS 105, MINNEAPOLIS SOUTH 75: John Warren scored 28 points and Ishmael El-Amin scored 26 to lead the Royals to the Class 4A, Section 6 semifinal victory. The Royals, the Class 4A runners-up last season, outscored the Tigers 63-44 in the second half. Hopkins (22-6) and Eden Prairie split their two regular-season meetings. Payton Bowdry scored 22 and Michael Harris scored 18 to lead the Tigers.
• ST. PAUL ACADEMY 75, CONCORDIA (ROSEVILLE) 53: Dalante Peyton scored 22 points and Kent Hanson scored 19 to pace the Spartans to the victory in the Class 2A, Section 4 quarterfinals. The fourth-seeded Spartans will face top-seeded Minneapolis Roosevelt in the section semifinals on Tuesday. Roger Moore Jr. scored 20 to lead the Beacons.
• MINNEAPOLIS ROOSEVELT 87, ST. PAUL WASHINGTON 62: Elijah Hannah Jr. scored 25 points and London Cobbs scored 22 to lead the Teddies to the Class 2A, Section 4 quarterfinal victory. The victory was the eighth consecutive — and 18th in the past 19 games — for the Teddies (24-4).
• ANNANDALE 71, ST. CLOUD CATHEDRAL 67 (OT): Chase Knickerbocker scored 37 points to help the Cardinals rally past the Crusaders in the Class 2A, Section 5 quarterfinals. The Cardinals (18-10) trailed by 13 at halftime and by 16 early in the second half. Brindley Theisen scored 31 to lead the Crusaders, who were eliminated by the Cardinals for the third consecutive year.
• ST. PAUL COMO PARK 70, MINNEAPOLIS WASHBURN 65 (OT): Andrayah Adams scored nine of 34 points in the overtime to help the Cougars outlast the Millers in the Twin Cities championship game. Lucia Renikoff scored 20 to lead the Millers.
• DELASALLE 83, MARANATHA 73: Teja Bodden and Taylor Toney each scored 25 points to lead the Islanders, ranked No. 6 in Class 3A, past the Mustangs, ranked No. 2 in Class 1A. Alaina Jarnot scored 20 to lead the Mustangs.