No. 1 Rushford-Peterson handles North
• RUSHFORD-PETERSON 81, MINNEAPOLIS NORTH 66: In a game between the top two teams in Class 1A, the host Trojans, ranked No. 2, defeated the top-ranked Polars. Jacob Merchlewitz scored 18 points to pace six Trojans in double figures. The victory was the 16th consecutive for the Trojans (20-1). The Polars (17-4) saw their seven-game winning streak end.
• HOPKINS 85, MINNEAPOLIS HENRY 56: The Royals, ranked No. 5 in Class 4A, pulled away for their 12th consecutive victory. John Warren scored 26 points to lead the Royals (16-4), who led by six at halftime.
• DELASALLE 89, ARMSTRONG 60: Sacar Anim scored 34 points to lead the Islanders, ranked No. 1 in Class 3A, past the Falcons, ranked No. 4 in 4A.
No. 3 Maranatha’s big number holds up
• MARANATHA 104, ST. PAUL COMO PARK 97: Lexi Lee had 34 points and seven steals and Alaina Jarnot had 24 points and eight steals to help the Mustangs, ranked No. 3 in Class 1A, overcome a 46-point effort by Como Park’s Andrayah Adams.
• ST. PAUL ACADEMY 60, FAIR 25: Freshman guard Katey Brattland scored 28 points and surpassed 1,000 career points, highlighting the Spartans’ victory.
Lakeville North makes it 12 in a row
• LAKEVILLE NORTH 3, LAKEVILLE SOUTH 0: Senior goalie Abby Cooper made 26 saves to lead the Panthers, ranked No. 9 in Class 2A, past the Cougars, ranked No. 6. The victory was the 12th in a row for the Panthers. The Cougars, who came in with a nine-game winning streak, suffered their first South Suburban Conference loss.
• CHASKA/ CHANHASSEN 4, BLOOMINGTON JEFFERSON 2: Lydia Passolt’s hat trick carried the Storm Hawks past the Jaguars.
• LITCHFIELD/DASSEL-COKATO 3, ORONO 2: Bobbi Jo Benda’s goal with 54 seconds left lifted the Dragons past the Spartans, ranked No. 8 in Class 1A.
Two-goal game does the job for Blaine
• BLAINE 3, ANDOVER 2: Easton Brodzinski’s power-play goal with 10:49 left — his second goal of the game — broke a 2-2 tie and helped the Bengals, ranked No. 7 in Class 2A, outlast the Huskies.