• PENN STATE 4, WISCONSIN 1: Eric Scheid, a senior forward from Blaine, scored a power-play goal and a shorthanded goal in the third period to lead the No. 15 Nittany Lions (15-4-3, 5-1 WCHA) to a sweep of the visiting Badgers (4-10-6, 1-5-2-1). Penn State won 4-3 in overtime in the first game. Curtis Loik, with Scheid getting one of the assists on a power play, and Andrew Sturtz had first-period goals for the home team. Luke Kunin scored a shorthanded goals for Wisconsin in the second period. Eamon McAdam had 39 saves for Penn State, Matt Jurusik 37 for the Badgers.
North Dakota gets split
• NORTH DAKOTA 5, OMAHA 1: Coltyn Sanderson’s first goal of the season, at 3:33 of the second period, broke a 1-all and proved to be the winner as the No. 1 Fighting Hawks (19-3-2, 10-2 NCHC) got a split against the No. 9 Mavericks (15-6-1, 5-6-1) in Grand Forks, N.D. Omaha won 4-3 in overtime in the opener and took a 1-0 lead in this game on Tyler Vesel’s power-play goal at 17:55 of the opening period. Drake Caggiula tied it on a power play with seven seconds left in the first. Brock Boeser, Troy Stecher and Luke Johnson had the other goals for North Dakota, which was 2-for-3 with a man advantage.
• ST. CLOUD STATE 1, MINNESOTA DULUTH 1, tie (SCSU wins in second OT): Patrick Russell’s unassisted goal with 33 seconds left in the second five-minute overtime — played with three skaters a side — gave the visiting Huskies a 2-1 win and an extra point in the NCHC standings, although the game will officially count as a tie. Joey Benik had the other goal for No. 5 St. Cloud State (18-5-1, 10-3-1-1) in the second period. Dominic Toninato scored for No. 17 UMD (8-8-5, 5-6-3). The Huskies, who won 3-1 in the series opener, were outshot 40-23, but Charlie Lindgren made 39 saves.
• MICHIGAN TECH 3, MSU MANKATO 1: Alex Petan scored two goals and linemate Malcolm Gould one goal and two assists as the host Huskies (13-7-4, 10-6-2 WCHA) beat the No. 19 Mavericks (11-8-5, 10-3-5). Chandler Madry had the goal for MSU Mankato. Jamie Phillips had 25 saves for Michigan Tech, Jason Pawloski 18 for the Mavericks.
• BEMIDJI STATE 2, ARIZONA STATE 0: Phillip Marinaccio and Gerry Fitzgerald scored goals in the third period and Michael Bitzer made 18 saves as the host Beavers (10-9-4) edged the Sun Devils (5-19) in a nonconference game.