Simplest Strawberry Spinach Salad
Serves 4 to 6.
Note: This salad comes together quickly. Do not toss in the lemon dressing until just ready to serve, to ensure that the flavors stay sharp and fresh tasting. From Beth Dooley.
• 10 to 12 oz. fresh spinach, stemmed and torn
• 1 pint (2 c.) fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered if large
• 1 jalapeño or cherry bomb pepper, seeded and diced
• 2 tbsp. thinly sliced fresh basil
• 1/4 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 2 tsp. honey, or more to taste
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Place the spinach, strawberries, pepper and basil into a bowl.
In a small covered jar, shake together the lemon juice and honey. Lightly coat the salad with as much dressing as needed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition information per each of 6 servings:
Calories 35 Fat 0 g Sodium 30 mg Saturated fat 0 g
Carbohydrates 8 g Added sugars 2 g
Protein 1 g Cholesterol 0 mg Dietary fiber 2 g
Exchanges per serving: ½ carb.