Radish and Herb Salad with Meyer lemon Dressing
Serves 6 to 8.
Note: From Melissa Clark.
• 1 small shallot, very thinly sliced, preferably on a mandoline
• Zest of 1 Meyer lemon
• 4 tsp. Meyer lemon juice, more as needed
• 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil, more as needed, for drizzling
• 4 c. fresh parsley leaves
• 2 celery ribs, very thinly sliced, preferably on a mandoline (1 c.), plus 1/2 c. celery leaves
• 6 radishes, very thinly sliced, preferably on a mandoline (1 c.)
• 1/2 fennel bulb, very thinly sliced, preferably on a mandoline (1 c.), plus 1/2 c. fennel fronds
• 2 tsp. drained capers
• Flaky sea salt (such as Maldon), as needed
• Black pepper, as needed
In a small bowl, combine shallot and the lemon zest and juice. Let stand 10 minutes. Whisk in olive oil.
In a large bowl, combine parsley, sliced celery and leaves, radishes, fennel bulb and fronds, and capers. Toss in dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle in more oil and lemon juice, if necessary.
Nutrition information per serving:
Carbohydrates 4 g
Protein 1 g
Fat 7 g
Saturated fat 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 56 mg
Calcium 60 mg
Dietary fiber 2 g
Diabetic exchanges per serving: 1 vegetable, 1½ fat.