Curry Potato Salad
• 1 1/2 lb. red, fingerling or new potatoes, scrubbed
• 2 tsp. salt
• 1/4 c. mayonnaise
• 3 tbsp. whole milk yogurt
• 2 tbsp. curry powder, or more to taste
• 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice, to taste
• 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and diced
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Place the potatoes in a large pot with enough water to cover by several inches. Bring to a boil over high heat, add the salt, and reduce to a gentle boil. Cook until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain into a colander. Allow to cool enough to handle, then cut into 2-inch chunks.
In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, yogurt, curry powder and lime juice. Place the potatoes into a large bowl along with the bell pepper, add the dressing and toss to thoroughly coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm, at room temperature or cold.
Nutrition information per serving:
Calories 164 Carbohydrates 23 g Protein 3 g Fat 8 g Saturated fat 1 g Cholesterol 5 mg Sodium 340 mg
Calcium 46 mg
Dietary fiber 4 g
Diabetic exchanges per serving: 1 ½ bread/starch, 1 ½ fat.