With the exception of the Dowager Countess of "Downton Abbey," no one delivers better zingers than the "Mad Men" adman played by John Slattery.
• "It's incredible what passes for heroism these days. I'd like ticker tape for pulling out of my driveway and going around the block three times."
• "My father used to say this is the greatest job in the world except for one thing: the clients."
• "Have a drink. It'll make me look younger."
• "When God closes a door, he opens a dress."
•"Who knows why people in history did good things? For all we know, Jesus was trying to get the loaves and fishes account."
• "Why don't you take a nap? Your face looks like a bag of walnuts."
• "We're getting a computer. It's gonna do lots of magical things, like make Harry Crane seem important."
• "I've been married for 20 years. I know the difference between a spat and spending a month on the couch."
• "I told him to be himself. That was pretty mean, I guess."