Metro top 10
All are Class 3A unless noted
1. St. Michael-Albertville: The Knights are poised for their first outright Class 3A title with three wrestlers ranked No. 1 at their weight: Mitchell McKee (132), Jake Allar (145) and Lucas Jeske (160).
2. Apple Valley: The unparalleled Mark Hall, shooting for a state-record sixth individual state championship, has not lost since ninth grade. He has a Minnesota career record of 229-4.
3. Simley (2A): The two-time defending champion could make it three. The Spartans dominated the Rochester Duals, including a 53-12 rout of Stewartville.
4. Anoka: Moving St. Michael-Albertville out of Section 7 opens a state tournament door for the Tornadoes.
5. Hastings: Heartening news when freshman Lynden Wilson, who missed the football season while undergoing treatment for Hodgkin's lymphoma, won his first match in the Hastings Duals last weekend.
6. Scott West (2A): The Panthers won Osseo's Ken Droegemueller Invitational, filled with Class 3A teams, going away.
7. Farmington: A veteran group and strength in the upper weights bodes well for the Tigers.
8. Shakopee: The Sabers got a wake-up call in an opening-week loss to Waconia. They have too many good wrestlers for that to happen often.
9. Prior Lake: There are some concerns about experience, but the Lakers still are on track for their sixth consecutive state tournament appearance.
10. Waconia (2A): The Wildcats posted victories over Milaca and Shakopee in the Waconia Triangular.