The Wolves re-signed backup point guard Lorenzo Brown to a second 10-day contract before playing Memphis tonight at Target Center.
When this one runs out, they'll have to decide whether they want to sign him for the rest of the season. That's likely because Flip Saunders liked Brown when they drafted him in the second round two summers ago and likes his progress, and also because by the time it expires the Wolves could have traded or might be about to trade veteran point guard before the Feb. 19 trade deadline.
As for tonight's game...
* Shabazz Muhammad isn't ready to play yet tonight, but Saunders is targeting Monday's home game against Atlanta. He said that is more likely than Sunday's game at Detroit because they probably won't play him back-to-back games to start with anyway.
* Saunders said the other night he's open to rest Nikola Pekovic on the second part of back-to-back games if it'll help reduce discomfort in that ankle and Pekovic said after this morning's shootaround that he's all for that as well. We'll see if that could happen as soon as Monday's game against Atlanta.
* Saunders said if you had to pick the toughest team in the NBA right now to play in a seven-game series, the Grizzlies might be it with their physical tag-team of Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol up front and underrated Mike Conley running the show a the point.
* Tonight is the first time back at Target Center for Grizzlies coach Dave Joerger, who interviewed for the Wolves coaching job last summer before the Grizzlies extended his contract and kept him in Memphis. Both Joerger and Flip Saunders said all is fine and happy between the two sides.
* Now that the Wolves are getting healthy, Flip said it's a better possibiity they send rookie Glenn Robinson III to the D League for playing time, but probably won't do so until after All-Star break.