Makes 1 drink.
Note: This cocktail was a big hit at this summer's Food & Wine Classic in Aspen, Colo., said Dean Phillips.
• 1 oz. vodka (Phillips prefers Prairie vodka, of course)
• 1 oz. "bootleg" mix (see recipe)
• 6 to 8 oz. sparkling water or club soda
Fill a tall glass with ice. Add vodka and bootleg mix. Top off with sparkling water and stir.
Makes 20 oz., or about 20 servings.
• 12 oz. frozen lemonade concentrate
• 6 oz. frozen limeade concentrate
• 1/2 c. finely minced, fresh mint leaves
• 1/2 c. simple syrup (equal parts water and sugar brought to a boil in a saucepan and cooled).
Place lemonade and limeade concentrate, mint and simple syrup in a blender and mix until smooth. Place in a bottle or pitcher and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Stir or shake before serving.