MEN'S HIGHLIGHTSTourney host Iowa loses lead, game
• LOUISIANA-MONROE 72, IOWA 67 (OT): Louisiana-Monroe rallied from 16 points down to beat the Hawkeyes in overtime Friday night in the Hawkeye Challenge in Iowa City. Monroe (3-4) hit five three-pointers in overtime and became only the second team in 51 tries to beat the Hawkeyes in their annual tournament. Justin Johnson, who led Iowa with 26 points, brought the Hawkeyes within 68-66 on a three-pointer late in OT. The Warhawks went up by three, but fouled Johnson beyond the arc with 18.2 seconds left. Johnson missed his final two from the line. Iowa (4-4) got one more chance to tie, but Johnson was stripped trying to force a three-point shot and Tony Hooper sealed the victory with a layup.
• NO. 13 MARQUETTE 100, WISCONSIN-MILWAUKE 65: Dominic James scored 22 points and backcourt mate Jerel McNeal added 16 for the Golden Eagles (5-1) in a victory over their crosstown rival.
• SOUTH DAKOTA 78, REGIS 52: Junior forward Rane Mergen made the most of his first start of the season, scoring 16 points and grabbing 10 rebounds to lead the Coyotes, ranked sixth in Division II, to victory at the Colorado State-Pueblo Classic in Pueblo, Colo. Eric Hall led the Coyotes (6-0) with 19 points. Tyler Cain, a sophomore from Rochester, Minn., blocked seven shots and pulled down 10 rebounds for USD.
WOMEN'S HIGHLIGHTSMaryland too much for Buckeyes
• NO. 3 MARYLAND 77, No. 19 OHIO STATE 53: Senior center Crystal Langhorne scored 17 points for the Terrapins (10-0) in a victory over the Buckeyes in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge in College Park, Md. Kristi Toliver recorded 11 assists for the Terrapins, who became the first team in the country to reach double figures in victories. Jantel Lavender had 16 points and 14 rebounds for Ohio State.
• NO. 21 FLORIDA STATE 85, INDIANA 78: Mara Freshour scored 21 points and freshman Antionette Howard had 12 points and 10 rebounds for the visiting Seminoles (6-1) in a Big Ten/ACC Challenge game. Florida State outscored Indiana 48-37 in the second half. Haylie Linn and Jamie Braun each had 16 points for Indiana (4-3). Linn was 5-for-5 from beyond the arc.
• VIRGINIA 84, WISCONSIN 60: The Cavaliers routed the visiting Badgers in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge. Jolene Anderson led Wisconsin (2-3) with 18 points. Tara Steinbauer, a freshman from Bloomington Kennedy, had 10.