The man suspected of fatally shooting a family of three in St. Paul last week called his mother one last time before his suicide, according to a search warrant affidavit filed Thursday.

The document reveals more details about the April 7 killings of Maria McIntosh, 19, and Olivia McIntosh, 17, and their father, Wade G. McIntosh, 47.

Police believe Jeffrey Jemaile Taylor, 20, the father of Maria McIntosh's daughter, killed the family then shot himself. (His name is also spelled Jeffery Jamaile Taylor in some court documents.) Relatives said child custody was an issue.

"Jeffery Jamaile's mother … she received a call from Jeffery Jamaile after the time of the murders, and Jeffery Jamaile stated he was going to kill himself and hung up the phone," the affidavit said.

The document shows Taylor's brother, Jeffery Arkis Taylor Jr., 19, told police he was inside a vehicle, heard the gunshots and fled on foot with his brother's 18-month-old daughter, Cheyenne.

Jeffery A. Taylor was arrested Friday but was released from jail Monday after the Ramsey County attorney's office decided not to file charges. The case was returned to police for further investigation.

According to the affidavit: Police were dispatched about 12:57 a.m. to an apartment in the 1600 block of English Street. Officers found Wade McIntosh dead on a mattress on the living-room floor.

Olivia McIntosh was dead on the floor in a bedroom. The girls' mother, Wade McIntosh' ex-wife, Anita Sprosty, was injured but alive in the room. Police found Maria McIntosh dead in the driver's seat of a car outside.

Jeffery A. Taylor was found in a shed blocks away with the baby, who was unharmed. He allegedly told police he rode in a car his brother drove to the apartment.

"… Jeffery Jemaile told Jeffery Arkis to stay in the car and Jeffery Jemaile walked off toward the apartment building," the affidavit said. "Jeffery Arkis hears several gunshots … Jeffery Jemaile returned to the car and gave the baby to Jeffery Arkis and told him to take care of [her].

"Jeffery Jemaile then walked back in the direction of the apartment building and Jeffery Arkis hears another gunshot. Jeffery Arkis then leaves the vehicle with the baby. He stated he knocked on a couple of doors asking for help with no success and then proceeded to hide in the shed … ."