St. Louis County sheriff’s deputies were summoned about 4:10 p.m. Saturday on a report of a man who was unresponsive in a cabin roughly 15 miles northwest of Duluth in the Saginaw area, the Sheriff’s Office said.

Dead inside were Stanley Skare, 46, of Saginaw and his dog, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

“The preliminary cause of death for Skare and his dog appears to be carbon monoxide poisoning,” a statement from the Sheriff’s Office read. “The source of the carbon monoxide likely came from a generator running inside of the cabin.”

The Sheriff’s Office said that it has responded “to multiple carbon monoxide deaths involving generators in the past couple years. We urge citizens using generators as a power source to make sure they are placed a safe distance from living and sleeping quarters.”