based on sales at select area bookstores
1. Change of Heart, by Jodi Picoult ($26.95, Atria). A prisoner on death row volunteers to be an organ donor.
2. Compulsion, by Jonathan Kellerman ($27, Ballantine). A woman seeking aid on a highway disappears.
3. The Appeal, by John Grisham ($27.95, Doubleday). A jury returns a verdict against a chemical company.
4. Lush Life, by Richard Price ($26, Farrar, Straus and Giroux). A detective works the murder of a bartender, shot after a night out with friends.
5. Black Widow, by Randy Wayne White ($24.95, Putnam). A woman fears her past may compromise her current happiness.
1. Beautiful Boy, by David Sheff ($24, Houghton Mifflin). A man's memoir about his son's meth addiction.
2. In Defense of Food, by Michael Pollan ($21.95, Penguin). How to eat for good health.
3. Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day, by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Francois ($27.95, Thomas Dunne). A guide to preparing fresh breads.
4. The Secret, by Rhonda Byrne ($23.95, Beyond Words). The law of attraction is the key to getting what you want.
5. The Blue Zone, by Dan Buettner ($26, National Geographic). The author's search for the secrets to long life.