To accommodate late-night revelry in downtown Minneapolis, Hiawatha light rail departure service is being extended on a trial basis by about 45 minutes at five stations, Metro Transit announced on Thursday.
The one additional departure begins this weekend, said transit spokesman John Siqveland. The additional late-night departures will be in place through the end of the year and then will be evaluated for possible extension.
The new departure times from downtown stations on Saturdays and Sundays will now be:
• Target Field Station: 2:57 a.m.
• Warehouse District/Hennepin Avenue Station: 3 a.m.
• Nicollet Mall Station: 3:02 a.m.
• Government Plaza Station: 3:04 a.m.
• Downtown East/Metrodome Station: 3:06 a.m.
Previously, the last train left the Target Field Station on weekends at 2:13 a.m.