Associated Press photo by Jason DeCrow

Associated Press photo by Jason DeCrow

 

Was it something I said, Kanye?

Among the many, many, many bratty and annoying stunts that rap giants Jay-Z and Kanye West have pulled off in years past (especially Kanye), this might rank up there as the worst, at least in the eyes of Twin Cities fans: They have officially pulled the plug on their previously announced Oct. 8 date at Target Center. The tour's publicist confirmed just now that the show is officially off.

"Unfortunately, they are not able to stop in Minneapolis due to the reroute of the tour schedule," said Live Nation's Liz Morentin, minutes after sending out a press release with the new tour intinerary on it. A press release then went out from a local Live Nation rep reading, "Jay-Z and Kanye West thank their fans for their support and hope to return in the future."

Local fans only found out our show was in question Tuesday morning when pre-sale tickets were supposed to become available. For reasons not really explained, the duo had to rearrange the fall tour behind their album "Watch the Throne" at the last minute. The tour's start date was pushed back to Oct. 29 from Sept. 22, and as a result the itinerary had to be reshuffled to factor in things like each arena's team schedules and which days Jay-Z needs to take Beyonce's gold in to get polished and whatnot.

Looking at the new tour schedule, the closest stop on the tour is now Nov. 29 in Kansas City. It also stops in Chicago on Dec. 1.

That's right: Little ol' Kansas City is getting the tour, but not Minneapolis. You guys are killing us here!