Twin Cities interior designers shared their insights about the looks, materials, finishes and more that they anticipate will rise or decline in the year ahead:
• Confidently expressing personal taste through strong colors or art.
• Casual modern living that’s sophisticated yet informal.
• Bold painted cabinets, especially in dark gray and navy.
• Mixing finishes in hardware, lighting and plumbing fixtures.
• Serene, peaceful spaces to unwind.
• Overexposed Arabesque patterns.
• Open shelving in kitchens.
• Stark white-and-gray color palettes.