Blake rolls in section play
• Section 5: Karlie Lund had a hat trick and added two assists to help Blake roll to a 9-0 quarterfinals victory over St. Louis Park. Blake blitzed the Orioles with 55 shots on goal. Bears goalie Anna Kruesel only needed to save six shots to record the shutout.
• Section 2: Abby Hanscom scored two goals, including the game-winner in overtime, to lift Holy Family to a 4-3 victory over Bloomington Jefferson. … Goalie Bailey Jackson recorded a shutout to help Chaska/Chanhassen hand Shakopee a 3-0 defeat. … Edina downed Prior Lake 3-1 behind goals from Taylor Williamson, Anna Klein and Lolita Fidler.
• Section 4: Allyson Reilly collected a hat trick and Brittany Boss stopped 14 shots to lead Roseville to a 5-0 victory over Tartan. … Cretin-Derham Hall ran away from North St. Paul 6-1 behind two goals each from Anna Klein and Jordan Hansen. The Raiders outshot the Polars 58-8.
Mahtomedi springs upset
• MAHTOMEDI 65, HILL-MURRAY 54: Ali Greene scored 25 points to lead Mahtomedi to a Metro East victory. Emma Grothaus added 17 points for the Zephyrs. Lindsey Malecha led all scorers with 30 points and Jenna Schwartz finished with 11 for the Pioneers, ranked No. 5 in Class 3A by the Minnesota Basketball News. Mahtomedi gave Hill-Murray its first league loss, and the Zephyrs moved into a tie with the Pioneers atop the standings with 8-1 records.
• ST. CROIX LUTHERAN 53, ST. AGNES 23: Audrey Gadison scored 14 points to lead the Crusaders to a Tri-Metro victory. The Crusaders outscored St. Agnes 33-12 in the second half.
• COLUMBIA HEIGHTS 66, FRIDLEY 56: The Hylanders secured the Tri-Metro victory despite 40 points from Fridley junior Suzanne Gilreath. Lala Humphries led Columbia Heights with 26 points. The Hylanders won despite only making one three-pointer.
• HENRY SIBLEY 65, SOUTH ST. PAUL 43: Tori Nelson scored 22 points and Ally Tezlaff added 14 points to power the Warriors to the Metro East victory. The Packers were led by Elise Barnes with 19 points.
• MINNEHAHA ACADEMY 79, ST. PAUL ACADEMY 26: Junior guard Sarah Kaminski scored 17 points in the victory and surpassed 1,000 points in her career
• PRIOR LAKE 55, LAKEVILLE SOUTH 54 (OT): Prior Lake’s McKenna Hofschild hit a long three-pointer at the end of regulation to force overtime. The Lakers outscored the Cougars 8-7 in the extra session to steal the victory. Hofschild finished with 12 points and Shaye Barton added 17 points to lead the Lakers. The Cougars were led by 25 points from Brianna Miller.
• FOREST LAKE 64, STILLWATER 58: Hailey Knoop scored 15 points on five three-pointers and Abby Moeller scored a game-high 17 points to lift the Rangers to the Suburban East victory.
No. 2 Apple Valley falls
• EASTVIEW 73, APPLE VALLEY 70: The Lightning upset crosstown rival Apple Valley behind 18 points from senior Drew Guebert. The Eagles, ranked No. 2 in Class 4A, had a 59-58 lead with four minutes to play but were unable to put Eastview away. The loss ended the Eagles’ 51-game conference winning streak. Center Brock Bertram had 19 points to lead the Eagles. Junior Jameson Bryant added 13 points for the Lightning.
• EDEN PRAIRIE 92, MINNETONKA 78: Seniors Grantham Gillard and Josh Lanasa combined for 41 points to power the Eagles to the road victory over their Lake Conference foe. Gillard scored 21 points and Lanasa finished with 20, while senior Blake Cashman posted 10 points and 13 rebounds for the Eagles, ranked No. 5 in Class 4A by Minnesota Basketball News. The victory extended Eden Prairie’s winning streak to six games and was the second win over the Skippers this season. The Eagles defeated Minnetonka 106-86 on Dec. 19. Juniors Seth Coatta and Amar Miller had 21 points apiece for the Skippers.
• COLUMBIA HEIGHTS 65, FRIDLEY 52: The Hylanders sprinted out to a 39-22 lead at halftime on their way to the Tri-Metro victory. Montroy Scott led the Hylanders with 22 points. Fridley was led by 23 points from Jonathan Conyers.
• ST. PAUL ACADEMY 68, MINNEHAHA ACADEMY 45: Dalonte Peyton had a game-high 28 points to lift the Spartans. Jake Richardson led the Redhawks with 14 points.
• PRAIRIE SEEDS ACADEMY 79, CRISTO REY JESUIT 49: Brandon Egge powered PSA to victory with a triple-double: 11 points, 16 rebounds, 10 blocks. Brian Robinson added 19 points, nine rebounds and six assists.