White Bear Lake tops Roseville on late field goal
• WHITE BEAR LAKE 31, ROSEVILLE 29: Backup kicker Brett Hronoski sealed the Bears' victory, kicking a 33-yard field goal with 1 second left on Friday night. The Raiders had taken the lead 29-28 after a successful two-point conversion on a run by Devin Dykes, who also had a 54-yard touchdown run in the second quarter. Quarterback Henry Bensen threw three touchdown passes for the Raiders. Junior running back Jessiah Majest scored two touchdowns for the Bears.
• EDEN PRAIRIE 33, WAYZATA 13: Wayzata scored first on Keeshawn Aleksuk's 24-yard run, but JD Spielman scored two touchdowns to close the first quarter and added two more, helping the No. 1 Eagles win. Spielman has committed to Nebraska. Eden Prairie finished the regular season undefeated.
• EDINA 28, MINNETONKA 14: Running back Parker Rickert threw a touchdown to quarterback Brock Boltmann in the first quarter, and Evan Holm's 90-yard interception return helped the Hornets hold off the Skippers.
• SOUTH ST. PAUL 35, HILL-MURRAY 0: Senior Anthony Perez led the Packers' scoring with two touchdown runs. Dan Pietruszewski, Ryan Duffy and Mesfin Teklu each scored touchdowns as South St. Paul went on to win its seventh game of the season. The Packers' shutout defense was helped by James Rhodes' interception.
• ST. PAUL CENTRAL 47, ST. PAUL HIGHLAND PARK 28: Quarterback Sam Gubbrud threw for 250 yards and two touchdowns, while also running for two touchdowns to lead Central's offense. Senior linebacker Taariq Hutchingson-Carroll recorded 12 tackles, two sacks and a blocked punt for the Minutemen's defense. Junior running back Amitri Collins had three touchdowns for the Scots, including a 91-yard run in the third quarter.
• OSSEO 45, BLAINE 14: Senior running back Prince Kruah led the Orioles offense with 32 carries for 212 yards and three touchdowns. Quarterback Malik Gaillard and wide receiver Damario Armstrong connected twice on touchdown passes for Osseo.
• BURNSVILLE 39, EASTVIEW 22: After Mike Delich's second touchdown run, Eastview had a 22-21 lead in the third quarter as it looked to upset the Blaze, ranked No. 3 in Class 6A in this week's Associated Press poll, for its first win on the season. Burnsville regained the lead on Stephan Olson's 18-yard touchdown. Olson completed the game with four touchdown runs.
• HASTINGS 21, TARTAN 18: Junior quarterback Colin Kummer threw for two touchdowns in the third quarter, but it was his touchdown run in the fourth that gave the Raiders the win over the Titans. Tartan's Kingston Myles returned an interception 20 yards for a touchdown.
• CRETIN-DERHAM HALL 28, MOUNDS VIEW 20: The Raiders went up 21-0 after Kenneth Udoibok ran for three touchdowns. Udoibok finished with 201 rushing yards, averaging 5.4 yards per carry. Ryan Nickel threw two touchdown passes to Mitch Vaske to lead the Mustangs offense.
SWIMMING • GIRLs
• TRUE TEAM STATE MEET: Minnetonka edged Lake Conference rival Wayzata at the University of Minnesota Aquatic Center. The Skippers had seven top-three finishes in the 12 events, including Riley Donlin's second- and third-place finishes in the 200- and 100-yard freestyle races.