Safety makes Lakeville a winner over Prior Lake
• PRIOR LAKE 8, LAKEVILLE 7: The Lakers won on a safety after Shakopee snapped the ball through its end zone on a punt attempt with 1:41 remaining Friday. The Sabers took a 7-0 halftime lead after Travis Larsen threw a 30-yard touchdown pass to Travon Coleman. Quarterback Jimmy Larson pulled the Lakers within one point with a touchdown pass to Tyler Knutson in the third quarter.
• CRETIN-DERHAM HALL 31, WHITE BEAR LAKE 28: Benedict Schlueter made a 32-yard field goal with 1:28 remaining to lift the Raiders past the Bears. Quarterback Daniel Ryan threw for three touchdowns, including two to Denzel Fondungallah, to help the Raiders build a 28-20 lead in the fourth quarter. Bears quarterback Jessiah Majest responded with a touchdown pass to tie the score with under seven minutes remaining. But a late Bears fumble set up the Raiders’ game-winning drive.
• ARMSTRONG 44, PARK CENTER 26: The Falcons stormed to a 37-0 lead in the second quarter and cruised past the Pirates. Running back Cartier Reid rushed for two touchdowns in the first quarter, and Evan McClellon added another. Pirates quarterback Amani Hooker threw four touchdown passes, three to receiver Ty’shonan Brooks.
• ROSEMOUNT 21, LAKEVILLE SOUTH 0: Blake Storholm ran for two fourth-quarter touchdowns to lead the Irish to an East Metro White victory. The Irish defense posted a shutout for the second consecutive game, and quarterback Jared Hanson added a 1-yard touchdown run.
• MAHTOMEDI 31, HILL-MURRAY 7: Jalen Frye returned the opening kickoff 85 yards for a touchdown to help the Zephyrs breeze to an East Metro Red victory. Frye added a 4-yard touchdown run and Kaleb Siekmeier returned a blocked field goal for a score to help Mahtomedi build a 31-0 lead before halftime.
• MINNEAPOLIS NORTH 40, SPECTRUM 0: Quarterback Tyler Johnson rushed for a 75-yard touchdown on the second play of the game to lift the Polars to the victory. Patrick Dembley added a 19-yard rushing touchdown.
• ST. FRANCIS 45, CAMBRIDGE-ISANTI 0: Quarterback Hunter Trautman completed 17 of 21 passes for 239 yards and three touchdowns and ran for a score to lead the Saints to a victory.
• BIG LAKE 39, NORTH BRANCH 22: Tanner Teige rushed for 237 yards and four touchdowns on 25 carries to power the Hornets past the Vikings.
• BURNSVILLE 35, APPLE VALLEY 0: Kamal Martin threw for three touchdowns and ran for a 26-yard TD to lead the Blaze past the Eagles. Burnsville, ranked No. 10 in Class 6A in this week’s Associated Press poll, had four interceptions, including two from Jackson Martens.
• GLENCOE-SILVER LAKE 42, HOLY FAMILY 21: Teddy Petersen ran 19 times for 149 yards and two touchdowns and quarterback Luke Frahm completed seven of 11 passes 145 yards and three touchdowns to lead the Panthers to the victory.
• CHISAGO LAKES: 37, PRINCETON 35: The lead changed four times in the fourth quarter before Aaran Hickcox’s 2-yard touchdown run sealed the victory for the Wildcats. The Wildcats accumulated 387 yards, including 288 on the ground.
• OWATONNA 34, NORTHFIELD 23 Running back Sam Hylle rushed for 164 yards on 27 carries for two touchdowns to help the Raiders beat the Huskies. Northfield kicker Isaac Stadler made a 23-yard field goal in the second quarter, but Bryce Goodwin returned the ensuing kickoff 95 yards for a touchdown. Northfield had two touchdowns in the third quarter to make it 27-16, but Owatonna held on for its third victory of the season.
• EAST RIDGE 29, STILLWATER 7: Sam Schiller ran for a touchdown and Zach Pape added another to help the Raptors past the Ponies. The Raptors scored four touchdowns on the ground. The Ponies scored with 1:19 left on a touchdown pass by Pete Hodnefield to Joey Costa.
• EDINA 42, HOPKINS 21: Parker Rickert caught two touchdown passes and ran for another to lead the Hornets to the victory. Edina quarterback Brock Boltmann ran for a touchdown to break a 21-21 tie in the third quarter. Edina’s defense shut out Hopkins in the second half.
LAKEVILLE NORTH 49, FARMINGTON 14: Quarterback Drew Stewart completed 16 of 20 passes for 236 yards and three touchdowns to power the Panthers to a Metro East White victory. Wade Sullivan rushed for 180 yards on 15 carries, including a 99-yard touchdown run.