• OHIO STATE 5, MICHIGAN 5, tie (OSU wins shootout): Anthony Greco of the Buckeyes scored his second goal of the game with seven seconds left in the third period to tie the score Friday night and, after a scoreless overtime, Ohio State won a nine-round shootout against the No. 6 Wolverines (13-3-4, 4-1-2-1 Big Ten) in Columbus, Ohio. Dakota Joshua got the deciding shootout goal. The game officially will be considered a tie, but the Buckeyes got an extra point in the standings. Michigan had scored twice in the final three minutes of regulation to take a 5-4 lead. JT Compher scored at 17:19 and Cristoval Nieves at 18:26. Greco’s tying goal came off a faceoff. Mason Jobst had a goal and two assists for Ohio State (6-11-2, 1-2-2-1), which was outshot 46-33.
• PENN STATE 4, WISCONSIN 3 (OT): David Goodwin’s goal 44 seconds into overtime enabled the No. 15 Nittany Lions (14-4-3, 4-1) to edge the visiting Badgers (4-9-6, 1-4-2-1). Wisconsin tied the score 3-3 on Jake Linhart’s second goal of the game with 3:47 left in the third period. Matt Jurusik had 54 saves for the Badgers, Matthew Skoff 22 for Penn State.
• OMAHA 4, NORTH DAKOTA 3 (OT): Austin Ortega’s goal 2:29 into overtime gave the No. 9 Mavericks (15-5-1, 5-5-1 NCHC) an upset over the No. 1 Fighting Hawks (18-3-2, 9-2) in Grand Forks, N.D. The goal was Ortega’s 17th of the season and his Division I-leading seventh game-winner. Jake Guentzel, the son of Gophers associate head coach Mike Guentzel, had one goal and three assists for Omaha. Troy Stecher and Brock Boeser each had a goal and an assist for North Dakota, which saw its eight-game winning streak end.
• ST. CLOUD STATE 3, MINNESOTA DULUTH 1: Kalle Kossila’s power-play goal midway through the second period proved to be the game-winner as the No. 5 Huskies (18-5, 10-3) defeated the No. 17 Bulldogs (8-8-4, 5-6-2) in Duluth. Charlie Lindgren had 28 saves for St. Cloud State, Kasimir Kaskisuo 23 for UMD. Mikey Eyssimont and Blake Winiecki also had goals for St. Cloud State. Cal Decowski scored for Minnesota Duluth.
• MINNESOTA STATE MANKATO 2, MICHIGAN TECH 2 (OT): Zach Stepan and Jordan Nelson scored goals and Jason Pawloski stopped 27 shots as the No. 19 Mavericks (11-7-5, 10-2-5 WCHA) tied the Huskies (12-7-4, 9-6-2) in Houghton, Mich. Mark Auk scored midway through third period for Michigan Tech to tie the score at 2-all.
• BEMIDJI STATE 5, ARIZONA STATE 0: Jay Dickman and Ruslan Peden each scored twice for the host Beavers (9-9-4) in their nonconference rout of the independent Sun Devils (5-18). Gerry Fitzgerald had the other goal for Bemidji State. Michael Bitzer had 17 saves for the shutout. Arizona State goalie Ryland Pashovitz stopped 34 shots.